Got a Comment, Something to Add, or Questions?

Please comment on the post and I'll see what I can do. I'd love to add more content such as stories and pictures, the more we can collate, the more there will be for future generations of our family.

Monday, July 26, 2010

East Texas Generations Blog


Howdy,

I'm Ed Wetterman. I'm a writer, game designer, teacher, and amateur genealogist. I've collected lots of information on various family lines, most of which cover East Texas Families. I also enjoy a good story and I've collected lots of them over the years. This blog will include the following family lines: Wetterman, Lowe, Wolfe, Moore, Marshall, Gray, Travis, Parker, White, Ferguson, Frisby and many more. Stories include writeups on my Lowe ancestors, the Low-Conner feud, and various interviews and historical sketches of the people and events, most of which happened in East Texas. I'll try to add pictures, crests, maps, and more.

Don't expect this to be done quickly. I'll add to it as I have the time, but I have had many cousins ask me for this information and if I put it up here, then everyone can have access to it.

I've been doing genealogy since 1988. I've always loved family stories and history so it was a natural fit. I have developed a rating system for proving various familial lines and stories. If I rate something 5 Stars, it's guaranteed with lots of proving data. 4 Stars means I'm pretty certain of the data and have some good facts to back it up. 3 Stars means the data is okay, coming from one or two sources and should be provable. 2 Stars means there is conflicting data, or only circumstantial evidence. It may be true, but more data and facts are needed to confirm. 1 Star means I've found it on the internet, it may or may not be true, but I have no data to confirm it. Consider 1 Star information clues for further study.

I don't know what order I'm going to end up doing all this in, probably will just post as the mood hits me, but the title's will be good ways to sort through the information.
I hope this blog is useful to someone in some way, and I hope the stories are enjoyable.

Thanks,

Ed Wetterman

No comments:

Post a Comment